- Please have your trash and recycling ready to go by 7:00 a.m. on your designated pick-up day. No need to bring it to the curb; we just need to get our truck within 10 feet of your trash with no obstruction.
- All non-recyclable trash must be in some type of trash bag and tied. When loading your trash bags, please keep in mind that bags need to be hoisted overhead into our trucks.
- Recycling must be sorted into two categories – Paper and Commingle – and should be placed in standard recycle bins. Please see our Recycle Page for more information.
- Contact us if you have extra trash or more than a bag or two of yard waste. We ask for one week’s notice for extra trash. Extra trash/yard waste charges are based on the specific dimensions of what we are disposing for you.
- Contact us in advance if you’re going to be away and we’ll credit your account for that time.
- Your trash day always stays the same unless you hear differently from us via the notices we include with your bill. Please read these notices as they often contain important service updates. You can also check our website at anytime for service updates.
Click here for more information on our recycling program.
ITEMS NOT INCLUDED AS REGULAR HOUSEHOLD TRASH
These items can be picked up at an alternate time for an additional charge.
- Computer Monitors
- Wet Paint Cans (must be dried out)
- Porcelain Items (toilets, sinks, etc.)
- Construction Debris
- Yard Waste
- Propane Tanks
- Medical/Hazardous Waste
We offer recycling services as part of our weekly trash pick up program. The two categories for recycling are Paper and Commingle. We prefer that you use standard sized recycle bins that we provide. Cardboard boxes need to be completely flattened before being put out for collection. For more information, please see the Town of Needham’s recycling page at http://ma-needham.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=3104
The following items are NOT recyclable: Plastic bags of any kind, Styrofoam, and food soiled containers. Please see below for more details.
PAPER (Mixed Household Paper)
- Paper Bags
- Office Paper
- Books (remove hard cover)
- Junk Mail (plastic envelope windows, staples/clips are ok)
- Paperboard Boxes (cereal, pasta, etc.)
- Manila Folders
- Carrier Stock (cardboard from soda/beer carriers)
- Food-soiled paper & pizza boxes
- Foil-lined paper
- Plastic bags
- Candy wrappers
- Hanging file folders
- Tissues/Paper towels
- Waxed paper
- Tyvek/plastic coated paper
- Pet food/Kitty litter/Fertilizer/Charcoal bags
COMMINGLE (Glass, Plastics, Metal, Cartons)
Glass (Please rinse all glass goods)
- All clear and colored glass containers (labels are ok)
- Window glass
- Pyrex cookware
- Light bulbs
- Drinking glasses
- Auto glass
- All plastic bottles/jars/food tubs
- Plastic bags/plastic wrapping
- Food soiled containers
METAL (Please rinse food containers; labels OK)
- Aluminum foil
- Pie plates
- Wire hangers
- Empty paint cans
- Milk cartons
- Juice cartons
- Drink boxes